Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Twitter
The Pentagon's Office of the Chief of Public Affairs is training the military's social media practitioners how to get information out quickly, securely and, most importantly, accurately during emergencies like the recent superstorm that hit the East Coast.
Social media consultant Elliot Volkman joins host Mark Amtower to talk about how you can use social medial to enhance your business.
October 1, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Elliot Volkman , social media , Web 2.0 , GovLoop , govWin , Google , Google+ , LinkedIn , video conferencing , webinars , blogs , white papers , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
The Mars rover Curiosity is breaking barriers both in space and the Twittersphere. Curiosity now has more than 1.1 million followers on the social media site. A NASA social media manager shares best practices for maintaining a Twitter account.
Federal News Radio wants to know how often you use Facebook and Twitter. Help us out by taking our survey.
A Nazi hacker group is claiming credit for shutting down Twitter yesterday morning. The micro-blogging site said the outage was caused by a server bug, not hackers.
White House technology officials could barely contain their enthusiasm. They said it was "terrific" that Twitter is supporting the new Do Not Track feature in web browsers. With just one clickm tweeters could stop Twitter from tracking the websites they visit.
Read tweets about the hearings and join the conversation using hashtag #GSA.
This week, NASA's communications team took home a Shorty Award — the equivalent of the Oscars for social media.