Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Trusted Internet Connections
A new white paper from SafeGov recommended ways for agencies to move to an integrated cloud and cyber approach and away from one that is fragmented and ad hoc in many respects. Karen Evans, a co-author of the report and a former Office of Management and Budget administrator for e-government and IT, said agencies need a clearer picture of how this integration could happen.
White House senior director for cybersecurity Andy Ozment said budget folks are getting a better understanding of why cybersecurity is important thanks to the administration's high- priority governmentwide goals. NIST also is helping push the cross-agency goals forward from a technical perspective.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , Donna Dodson , NIST , Andy Ozment , White House , HSPD-12 , continuous monitoring , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , cross-agency goals , Jason Miller
In a new report to Congress, the administration said continuous monitoring is taking hold, but HSPD-12 still is floundering. OMB also reported agencies spent $13.3 billion on cybersecurity last year and that government employees make up 60 percent of the cyber workforce.