Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Trey Hodgkins
The Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act would codify much of the Obama administration's 25-point IT reform plan. The draft bill would go even further in attempting to address long-standing challenges for agency chief information officers.
Tags: technology , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , IT reform , OMB , GSA , strategic sourcing , Mike Hettinger , Software and Information Industry Association , TechAmerica , Jason Miller
The National Protection and Programs Directorate said it would not put a contractor communication guidance in place that would have required agency leaders to answer 15 questions before meeting with companies. Industry experts said the draft guidance would have had a chilling effect on agency-contractor communication.
Lawmakers have about 23 real work days left before the end of the fiscal year to pass USPS reform, comprehensive cyber, DoD authorization and all the 2013 spending bills. Experts hold out little hope even after the passage of the FDA bill and the expected approval of the highway legislation.
Trey Hodgkins, the senior vice president for national security and procurement policy, and "In Depth" host Francis Rose count down the top federal news stories of the week.
Trey Hodgkins, senior vice president for national security and procurement policy at TechAmerica, said the Senate bill will hurt the ability to attract people to government business.
Talking to their federal customers is a critical part of a contractor's job. But under the STOCK Act — short for Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge — could make that more difficult. Trey Hodgkins, the senior vice president for National Security and Procurement Policy at TechAmerica, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the proposal.
Trey Hodgkins, senior vice president for national security and procurement policy at TechAmerica, and Frank Reeder, the founder of The Reeder Group, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
Two provisions in the 2012 Defense Authorization Bill directly impact defense contractors. One applies a contractor pay cap to all contract employees, and the other puts more responsibility on contractors to stop counterfeit electronic parts.
Trey Hodgkins, senior vice president for procurement policy at TechAmerica, told The Federal Drive about potential pitfalls in the legislation to cap tax-funded contractor pay to $400,000.
The Labor Department is proposing a rule to mandate that seven percent of federal contractors' workforce is people with disabilities.