Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Treasury Department
Richard Gregg, the Fiscal Assistant Secretary, will step down in June. Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew tapped Dave Lebryk, currently the commissioner of the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, to replace him.
Robyn East, Treasury's chief information officer, said users previously were not excited to move to an enterprise content management system, but a better understanding of the value of shared services has helped them come around.
The latest small business contracting numbers numbers show agencies are struggling to hit their goals for doing business with small businesses. Those companies and entrepreneurs want to bring innovation and agility to the federal government, but they struggle to navigate the process. Martha Dorris, deputy associate administrator at GSA's Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies and ACT-IAC Small Business Conference Government chair, and Ira Hobbs, principal at Hobbs & Hobbs and former chief information officer at the Treasury Department and ACT-IAC SBC industry chair, tell In Depth with Francis Rose small business could hold the keys to success for your next IT project.
The White House will release an updated list of agency high-priority goals and cross-agency priority goals with the annual budget request to Congress in March. Meanwhile, the Office of Management and Budget detailed agency successes over the last two years in meeting current goals.
Nani Coloretti, Treasury's assistant secretary for management and performance improvement officer, said prioritizing data, analyzing it in way that makes sense to senior officials and following through on opportunities for change are among the ways to improve agency processes. A Federal News Radio survey of PIOs show agencies are using data to improve mission execution.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts discuss how the debt limit and furloughs are affecting the economy, and how a case being reviewed by the Supreme Court, could impact future elections.
October 10, 2013
Tags: acquisition , debt ceiling , debt limit , furloughs , government shutdown , Supreme Court , Federal Election Commission , PACS , Allen Scott , Nela Richardson , Peter Brusoe , Capital Impact , Bloomberg Government
The White House updates Circular A-123 to include a new appendix to address federal financial management systems. OMB expects the new regulations to let agencies focus on a smaller-scale, risk-based approach to improving financial systems.
The Obama administration on Thursday released new proposals for carrying out a major requirement of the federal health care law that was postponed earlier this summer.
Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew's loopy signature is showing signs of improvement as he gets ready to affix his "Jacob Lew" to the nation's currency.
Tags: Jacob Lew
Kim McCoy, the bureau's chief information officer, said she's looking at how best to pre-position resources to get new agency financial management customers on board more quickly.
April 11, 2013