Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Treasury
Biometrics, more card memory giving military more options. In the future, employees may be able to use federal ID cards on metro.
The White House has started filling some of the key management positions across the government.
Tags: management , Barack Obama , Ashton Carter , Kathleen Merrigan , John Morton , Jon Cannon , Seth Harris , April Boyd , Tom Strickland , Steve Rattner , DoD , USDA , Commerce , EPA , Labor , Interior ,
New guidance offers steps agencies can take address risks in cell phones, PDAs
The $100 bill, the highest value denomination in general circulation, is the last bill to undergo an extensive redesign. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing began the process in 2003, adding splashes of color to spruce up first the $20 and then the $50, $10 and $5 bills. The $1 bill isn't getting a makeover. Larry Felix, Director of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing, tells us about the new bill.
Federal controller Danny Werfel to issue new guidance on measuring and fixing improper payments this week. OMB also is planning two pilot programs to improve how agencies receive and process vendor invoices, and to enhance intragovernmental transactions. Werfel also says the approach to financial management shared services is changing.
Tags: management , technology , Danny Werfel , OMB , GSA , Association of Government Accountants , financial management , improper payments , Financial Systems Integration Office , shared service providers , CFO , Intragovernmental transactions , AGA