Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Treasury
The federal government has developed a disturbing practice of cleverly hiding information.
Tags: Lurita Doan , Barack Obama , CBP , San Ysidro Port of entry , Jayson Ahern , GSA , Defense , DoD , contracting , SIGAR , Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstr , Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Tom Coburn , Education , Dick Durbin , NTEU , EPA , Energy , Commerce , Carol Browner , OPM , TSA , SBA , stimulus , small business , State , Freddie Mac , Fannie Mae
Tags: management , technology , Danny Werfel , OMB , GSA , Association of Government Accountants , financial management , improper payments , Financial Systems Integration Office , shared service providers , CFO , Intragovernmental transactions , AGA
Kim McCoy, chief information officer for the Treasury Department's Bureau of the Public Debt, tells Federal News Radio how her office is unlike most agencies - its dependence on contractors for technology support is limited.
December 16, 2010
Industry association says Defense technology spending will go down over the next 10 years. In interviews with agencies, Justice, HHS and Treasury are expected to increase the most, while military spending on procurement and R&D will decrease significantly.
Tags: contracting , DoD , DOJ , HHS , TechAmerica , Cecil Black , Madaline Andre , Dan Heinemeier , Federal IT spending , DoD IT spending , Civilian agency IT spending , cybersecurity , Infrastructure modernization , Web 2.0 , C4SIR
Agency offering to help others transition to new telecommunications contract in any way possible. Only 28 percent of all agency services have moved to Networx so far.
Biometrics, more card memory giving military more options. In the future, employees may be able to use federal ID cards on metro.
The White House has started filling some of the key management positions across the government.
Tags: management , Barack Obama , Ashton Carter , Kathleen Merrigan , John Morton , Jon Cannon , Seth Harris , April Boyd , Tom Strickland , Steve Rattner , DoD , USDA , Commerce , EPA , Labor , Interior ,
New guidance offers steps agencies can take address risks in cell phones, PDAs