Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Treasury
The U.S. government is getting a new borrowing cap Friday, almost four months after Washington defused October's government shutdown and debt crisis.
John Koskinen, sworn in as IRS commissioner in late December, has been meeting with frontline employees and crunching numbers for the last several weeks. He told Congress Wednesday that every corner of the agency is underfunded, and as a direct result, the Treasury is collecting fewer dollars than it should.
More and better information is getting to be the driving force behind spending and program decisions across the government. OMB is requiring agencies to update strategic plans and objectives based on their analysis of program and back-office data.
Tags: managament , OMB , Dustin Brown , Christopher Braden , CDC , Gary Eilerts , USAID , Max Stier , Partnership for Public Service , data-driven analysis , Nani Coloretti , A New Era in Technology , Jason Miller
Some agency leaders who would be charged with implementing the bill are unsure the DATA Act can be brought to life successfully. Officials said the government can improve how it makes data accessible and publishes procurement and other spending information. But the DATA Act may be asking for things that aren't pragmatically possible.
Tags: management , financial management , Dick Gregg , Jim Taylor , Labor , Norman Dong , OMB , DATA Act , Rob Portman , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Hudson Hollester , Data Transparency Coalition , Association of Government Accountants , Data Center Consolidation Act , Jason Miller
Treasury's Office of Financial Innovation Transformation (OFIT) issued a draft set of requirements that agencies must meet if they want to be federal shared services providers. The requirements should be finalized this fall, and a new set of providers will be in place in the coming months.
The Office of Federal Financial Management is updating Circular A-123 to focus on risk management and data-driven decision-making. OFFM also plans on rescinding the financial systems requirements circular, A-127, in the coming weeks.
Tags: management , financial management , internal controls , A-123 , A-127 , OMB , Mike Wetklow , David Saltiel , Flavio Menasce , improper payments , Do Not Pay portal , Association of Government Accountants