Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Treasury
Getting it right this time.
The federal government has developed a disturbing practice of cleverly hiding information.
Tags: Lurita Doan , Barack Obama , CBP , San Ysidro Port of entry , Jayson Ahern , GSA , defense , DoD , contracting , SIGAR , Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstr , Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , Tom Coburn , education , Dick Durbin , NTEU , EPA , Energy , Commerce , Carol Browner , OPM , TSA , SBA , stimulus , small business , State , Freddie Mac , Fannie Mae
Tags: management , technology , Danny Werfel , OMB , GSA , Association of Government Accountants , financial management , improper payments , Financial Systems Integration Office , shared service providers , CFO , Intragovernmental transactions , AGA
Kim McCoy, chief information officer for the Treasury Department's Bureau of the Public Debt, tells Federal News Radio how her office is unlike most agencies - its dependence on contractors for technology support is limited.
December 16, 2010
Industry association says Defense technology spending will go down over the next 10 years. In interviews with agencies, Justice, HHS and Treasury are expected to increase the most, while military spending on procurement and R&D will decrease significantly.
Tags: contracting , DoD , DoJ , HHS , TechAmerica , Cecil Black , Madaline Andre , Dan Heinemeier , Federal IT spending , DoD IT spending , Civilian agency IT spending , cybersecurity , Infrastructure modernization , Web 2.0 , C4SIR
Agency offering to help others transition to new telecommunications contract in any way possible. Only 28 percent of all agency services have moved to Networx so far.
Biometrics, more card memory giving military more options. In the future, employees may be able to use federal ID cards on metro.
The White House has started filling some of the key management positions across the government.
Tags: management , Barack Obama , Ashton Carter , Kathleen Merrigan , John Morton , Jon Cannon , Seth Harris , April Boyd , Tom Strickland , Steve Rattner , DoD , USDA , Commerce , EPA , Labor , Interior ,
New guidance offers steps agencies can take address risks in cell phones, PDAs