Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Treasury
The Office of Management and Budget and the Office of Science and Technology Policy are on track to launch a new metadata validator tool this month. They are also developing an integrated dashboard that will track agency progress on the administration's open data goals.
The Obama administration looks to expand shared service usage even more by improving existing financial shared service providers and laying the groundwork for shared service governance.
Robyn East confirms she will leave after three years on the job.
The Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation issued two RFIs in the last few weeks. One announced an industry day for May 21, and the other is looking for ideas to improve how the government manages and integrates data from different systems.
Tags: management , financial management , OMB , Joe Ward , Interior , HHS , Jason Miller , Bill McCabe , Government Performance Summit , Beth Angerman , The Performance Institute , Mark Reger , shared services , the Association of Government Accountants
The Office of Management and Budget and the Treasury Department Friday announced they recertified the departments of Interior, Treasury and Transportation and added USDA to be the support pylons of its financial management shared services initiative. GSA is no longer an approved provider, and it's unclear where its 44 customers will migrate to next.
In part 3 of our special report, Shared Services Revisited, Federal News Radio explores the administration's plans to ensure success in consolidating and standardizing financial systems this time around. Beth Angerman, director of Treasury's Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation (OFIT), said the goal is creating a repeatable, sustainable process for agencies to move to federal financial management providers. Over the next six months, Treasury and OMB must answer many of the outstanding questions about how this initiative will truly work.
In our special report, Shared Services Revisited, OMB still must solve long-standing challenges to ensure federal providers are capable of bringing on large, cabinet level agencies. The role of the private sector is leaving some vendors unhappy, but officials say history shows their success rate with financial management system implementation to be poor.
Tags: management , financial management , Shared Services Revisited , OMB , Norman Dong , Beth Angerman , Lisa Kazor , Savantage , Reid Jackson , Compusearch , Kevin Greer , Accenture , Joe Ward , Interior Business Center , Jason Miller
In part 1 of Federal News Radio's special report, this second attempt by OMB to move agencies to financial management shared services is fraught with the same obstacles of a decade ago. But OMB believes this attempt at shared services is different. The administration says budget concerns and technology advancements will help overcome these long-standing barriers.
Tags: management , technology , shared services , Beth Angerman , OMB , Norman Dong , GSA , Lisa Kazor , Oracle , Reid Jackson , Carlos Otal , Grant Thornton , financial management , Jason Miller , Shared Services Revisited , Aaron Cornfeld
In this week's Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller explores how DoD is developing its cloud security standards and Treasury is filling a financial management void.
Tags: Teri Takai , FedRAMP , GSA , DoD , Keith Alexander , Edward Snowden , cloud , cybersecurity , Mike Rogers , Robert Work , Mark Reger , Danny Werfel , Norman Dong , OMB , Anne Rung , Dennis VanderTuig , Dan Gordon , OFPP , Lesley Field , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook
GSA, NASA and NIH are providing agency customers more insight into what they are buying, how they are buying it and what prices they are paying. OFPP plans to launch the Prices Paid Portal later this year. But others say it's not about the data, but the outcomes agencies are trying to achieve.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , GSA , Chris Fornecker , Joanne Woytek , NASA , Rob Coen , NIH , Paul Brubaker , DoD , Karen Pica , OMB , Lesley Field , OFPP , Data transparency , Christina Ho , USASpending.gov , Acquisition Excellence Conference , ACT-IAC