Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Training
In a scene reminiscent of an edge-of-your-seat action thriller, an off-duty police officer jumped onto the tracks in a Madrid subway to rescue a man who had fallen in front of a train.
The Republican said lawmakers too often don't understand management, and that impacts agencies' resources, especially around training. Voinovich said feds should be more vocal in explaining their need for support in reforming agency management. Voinovich is retiring after 12 years in the Senate, including the last six as ranking member of the subcommittee that oversees federal workforce issues.
To save money in contracting, DoD will have to spend money to build the acquisition workforce, former DoD Comptroller Dov Zakheim said.
The Partnership for Public Service has created a new federal HR emerging leaders forum, bringing together HR leaders from across the government. John Palguta, vice president for policy at the Partnership, shares details about the forum.
The Wounded Warrior Project is a new collaboration among Raytheon, Cisco - it offers wounded veterans a chance to learn computer and cybersecurity skills. Bob Connors, project director, talks with Federal News Radio about the details.
Blogger Yasmin Fodil offers five tips to train future leaders in technology and Gov 2.0.
Raytheon and Cisco are joining up to expand the Wounded Warrior Project. The programs they are sponsoring make it easier for wounded servicemen and women to re-enter the workplace with the skills they need to become cybersecurity professionals.
InfoSecurity reports that most government organizations feel like they don't have neough software security training.
Northrop Grumman, the nation's largest security contractor has joined forced with the University of Maryland Baltimore County to launch a new cybersecurity program.