Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Vilsack
The big shrink is on at the Agriculture Department. The department announced plans to close 259 offices, labs and other facilities. Government Executive Editor-in-Chief Tom Shoop joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what the department's plan means, both for itself and as a model for other agencies.
Labor to set up Chief Evaluation Office. VA to empower Performance Improvement Officer. USDA focuses on matching priorities with budget submission.
Tags: management , Scott Gould , Seth Harris , Kathleen Merrigan , Peter Orszag , Jeffrey Zients , USDA , Labor , OMB , VA , performance management , Chief Evaluation Officer , chief performance officer , performance improvement officer
This week's three most important Federal news stories, as chosen by Agilex's Bob Otto, and Washington Post "Federal Eye" Ed O'Keefe.
Tags: In Depth , Francis Rose , Bob Otto , Ed O'Keefe , Federal News Countdown , Shirley Sherrod , USDA , Gulf Coast oil spill , OMB , Ted Kaufman , VA , Vivek Kundra , FDCCI , GAO , DoD , Asif Khan , ERP
Council on Environmental Quality issues new guidance giving agencies instructions to measure greenhouse gas emissions. Council chair Nancy Sutley said the directive includes approaches used inside and out of government. Agencies have until January 2011 to complete an initial baseline inventory.
Tags: management , green government , Nancy Sutley , White House , Council on Environmental Quality , USDA , GreenGov Symposium , greenhouse gas emissions , Executive Order 13514 , solar panels , Jason Miller , Greening of Government: people
Read the exclusive story from Politico.
Employees at Fort Detrick's USDA lab are using their gardening skills to help the community, creating a People's Garden to grow produce for a local food bank.
USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack on his agency's budget request, released today.