Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Trabucco
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
In the 25 years since the Federal Employees Retirement System went into effect, much has changed when it comes to federal retirement. Tom Trabucco, the former longtime director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, and Judy Park, the former legislative director of the National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Association, joined Your Turn with Mike Causey for a look back at the creation of FERS and how it has evolved over the years.
Tom Trabucco, the former long-time director of external affairs for the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, said legislative changes to the federal retirement system made by Congress a quarter-century ago actually succeeded in achieving its goals and serve as a reminder of what can be accomplished when something big needs to be done and key leaders step up to the line.
Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the "three-legged stool" of federal retirement, the ballpark-estimate calculator and how it works.
The rollout of the Roth option for the Thrift Savings Plan, which would allow federal employees to invest already-taxed income, has long been discussed in the federal pay-and-benefits world. That launch moved another step closer, with the planned publication Wednesday of draft regulations in the Federal Register. And TSP participants will soon have more information about what the plan will look like.
Tom Trabucco is director of external affairs for the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, which oversees your Thrift Savings Plan.
Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, shared October TSP returns.
The provision — part of a larger transportation bill — would allow retiring federal employees to put their unused annual leave toward their TSP.
Tom Trabucco, the director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, which oversees federal employees' TSP accounts, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss some TSP tips for retiring feds.
Ever hear of a double-header brain drain? The government is losing two of its best to retirement this month. Odds are they've touched your life, whether you are in a federal agency or a foxhole 3,000 miles away, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.