Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Simmons
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Tom Simmons, area vice president for the U.S. Public Sector for Citrix Systems, joined Industry Chatter with Francis Rose to workplace virtualization and cloud solutions.
Tom Simmons of Citrix discusses the technological challenges facing teleworkers. Dave Romano of the Army Corps of Engineers talk about the Asian Carp. Steve Redburn, former senior executive, Office of Management and Budget,discusses the current stalemate on Capitol Hill and Dr. Paul Ceruzzi of the Smithsonian Air and Space museum looks at the historical significance of Telstar.
Tom Simmons, area vice president for Citrix, details the tools provided by his company to help you manage virtualization in a more effective manner.
May 8, 2012
Tom Simmons, an expert on federal telework initiatives and vice president for Federal Systems at Citrix Systems, says that while the Telework Enhancement Act made greater mobility a mandate, a cultural shift in the workforce may be a driving factor behind an increase teleworking.
Listen November 10th at 2pm
Program will discuss the progress of Cloud Computing in the Federal Government, best practices including the DISA RACE program, challenges still ahead, lessons learned, and the vision for the future.
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , cloud , DoD , federal government , DISA , Roberty Carey , Navy , Mike Krieger , Army , Henry Sienkiewcz , Booz Allen Hamilton , Tim Harder , Citrix Systems , EMC Federal Systems , Ron Ritchey
Tags: technology , Federal Executive Forum , government , Ed O'Hare , GSA , Linda Travers , EPA , Jake Wooley , Department of Energy , Donald Bathurst , DHS , Citrix Systems , John Frey , HP , Juniper Networks
June 22nd at 1 PM
Do you know the difference between Virtualization and cloud computing? Are you clear on the truth and myths surrounding Virtualization and what Federal managers need to know now and for the future? Listen to the "Virtualization: What Federal Managers Need to Know" panel to hear these questions answered by industry experts and government leaders from the Census Bureau, U-S-P-S, and the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board.
This week's most important Federal news stories as selected by Tom Simmons of Citrix and Jon Desenberg of the Performance Institute.