Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Sharpe
In a letter to Tom Sharpe, the commissioner of the General Services Administration's Federal Acquisition Service, three industry groups -- the Coalition for Government Procurement, the Professional Services Council and TechAmerica -- wrote that restricting communication between managers and contractors could have a "chilling effect" on managers' role in the Multiple Award Schedules (MAS) program.
Administrator Joe Jordan said he views the possibilities as everything from new contracts to take advantage of volume discounts to standardizing terms and conditions to save on administrative costs. GSA FAS is reorganizing around 14 strategic sourcing areas.
Tags: contracting , industry , strategic sourcing , OFPP , Joe Jordan , GSA , Coalition for Government Procurement , Federal Strategic Sourcing Leadership Council , Small business contracting , Jason Miller
Tom Sharpe, the commissioner of the Federal Acquisition Service at the General Services Administration, is focusing on 10 areas to make the organization more responsive and efficient. Sharpe also plans to meet with vendors and employees to improve their satisfaction with FAS.
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: technology , acquisition , GSA , OMB , Steven VanRoekel , Linda Gooden , Lockheed Martin , Lisa Schlosser , Gwynne Kostin , FedRAMP , cybersecurity , cloud computing , OASIS , Jim Ghiloni , TechAmerica , Stan Soloway , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller
Tom Sharpe will move over from the Treasury Department to take over the Federal Acquisition Service.
Two senior senators will introduce an amendment to the DoD authorization bill to increase the oversight over the IT supply chain. A preliminary report from GAO finds counterfeit technology parts easily making their way into weapons systems.
Tags: contracting , technology , John McCain , Carl Levin , industry , DoD , Missile Defense Agency , Senate Armed Service Committee , Raytheon , Vivek Kamath , SMT Corp , Semiconductor Industry Association , GAO , Richard Hillman , counterfeit parts , supply chain , Jason Miller , Brian Toohey