Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Ridge
Despite progress in confirming a new secretary and deputy secretary, DHS still features a large number of officials in acting roles. Former Secretary Tom Ridge told lawmakers the department cannot build nor sustain a mission-focused culture with so many non-permanent positions. NTEU says pay freezes, budget cuts and the government shutdown are more to blame for low morale across DHS and the entire government.
Lawmakers at odds over critical infrastructure protection provisions. Sen. McCain promised to introduce a new version of a comprehensive cyber bill to focus on collaboration and information sharing instead of regulation of critical infrastructures. Sens. Joseph Lieberman and Susan Collins refute the criticism, saying they've held 10 hearings, hundreds of meeting and pleaded with others in the Senate to offer comments.
Tags: technology , management , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , John McCain , Janet Napolitano , DHS , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , cybersecurity , critical infrastructure , privacy , DoD , NSA , U.S. Chamber of Commerce , Jason Miller
Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge sites information sharing advances shown by toner bomb case as examples of life-saving intelligence.
Ridge Global, an international provider of security and risk management services, has announced the appointment of Amit Yoran, CEO of Netwitness Corporation, to the company's board of advisors.