Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Harkin
Under a settlement announced Wednesday by 20 states' attorneys general, the Department of Veterans Affairs will take control of a website that consumer fraud investigators say has been used to mislead military members into making poor use of their GI Bill benefits.
A group of 14 senators is urging the Department of Veterans Affairs to seek a trademark for the phrase, GI Bill. But just how common are government trademarks? We ask Deborah Cohn, commissioner for trademarks at the Patent and Trademark Office.
Three senators say the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill needs tougher oversight after new figures show a quarter of the program's funds went to just eight companies that run for-profit colleges.
Democratic Senators, led by Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), say Panetta's plan breaks the law.
Senator Tom Harkin (D-Iowa)
Congressman Joseph Crowley (D-N.Y.)
Former Congresswoman Barbara Kennelly (D-Conn.)
President & CEO, National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare
Former Clinton White House Senior Aide
Executive Director, Families USA