Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Fox
A new round of political appointees is on the way in as President Barack Obama enters his second term in office. In order to be a successful agency leader, political appointees will have to hit the ground running in a culture of federal career employees who might have concerns about the looming leadership transition, according to Tim McManus, vice president of education and outreach for the Partnership for Public Service.
Casey Coleman, CIO at the GSA, gives a preview of the 2012 Executive Leadership Conference. Lynn Bernabei, a partner with Bernabei and Watchel, discusses the House's sweeping update to the law protecting federal whistleblowers. Tom Fox of the Partnership for Public Service tells how managers can keep their workforce motivated in tough times. Miriam Nisbet of the National Archives discusses a new website aimed at speeding up the FOIA request process.
Tags: Casey Coleman , General Services Administration , technology , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , DoD , DoD Report , Partnership for Public Service , Lynn Bernabei , Bernabei and Watchel , Miriam Nisbet , NARA , FOIAOnline
Jon Adler of the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association talks tattoos. Attorney John Mahoney discusses Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Rights Act. Steve Antonakes of the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau talks about a new bureau initiative. Tom Fox provides insight on a new Partnership for Public Service report. Meet Service to America nominee James Cash, chief technical advisor for the National Transportation Safety Board's Office of Research and Engineering.
Tags: Consumer Finance Protection Bureau , Jon Adler , Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association , Capitol Police , Partnership for Public Service , Steve Antonakes , James Cash , National Transportation Safety Board , Federal Drive
Over 20 bills affecting federal employees' pay, benefits, and pensions have been introduced by members of Congress in the past year. Federal employees tell Federal News Radio those are the kinds of things directly affecting their morale and motivation. What does Congress think about that? Federal News Radio asks both Republicans and Democrats as part of our series, "Managing Morale."
The deadline for nominating a federal worker for a Service to America Medal is Jan. 18.
The Partnership for Public Service's Tom Fox tells managers how to lead amidst fears of a pay freeze.
Washington Post's Tom Fox tells managers how to manage feds amidst talks of pay cuts, hiring freezes and furloughs.
Washington Post's Federal Coach Tom Fox tells managers what to take into consideration when rewarding an employee.
There's a perception that it's almost impossible to be fired from a government job. Patricia Niehaus, national president of the Federal Managers Association, debunks the myth.
The conversation is happening on GovLoop -- learn how you can partake!