Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Day
The U.S. Postal Service is looking at greener, more efficient vehicle options while waiting for funds to replace its outdated fleet.
The Postal Service's financial crunch means that it is delivering mail with some very old trucks. Nearly all of its 190,000 vehicles are gas guzzlers from the 1990s. This is the type of problem that keeps Chief Sustainability Officer Tom Day up at night. He joined Tom Temin and Emily Kopp on the Federal Drive to discuss the problems with the service's delivery fleet.
Many electronic devices contain hazardous materials that can cause environmental damage when sent to landfills. The Postal Service's BlueEarth Recycling Program makes it convenient and safe for agencies to dispose of electronic waste.
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Forrest Morgeson, director of research at the American Customer Satisfaction Index, has some good news for some agencies. Agriculture Department official Kevin Concannon says USDA is claiming victory in its battle against fraud. Jordy Yager of The Hill newspaper explains why some on Capitol Hill are talking about Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) Tom Day, USPS' chief sustainability officer, shares news of the Postal Service's successful conservation efforts.
Tags: Forrest Morgeson , American Customer Satisfaction Index , Kevin Concannon , USDA , SNAP , Jordy Yager , The Hill , Darrell Issa , USPS , DoD , DoD Report , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive