Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Davis
Mark Amtower talks with former Congressman Tom Davis about the pendulum of procurement reform and more.
Dec. 7, 2009
Step one: hire good people.
How does Congress go through the sifter on what the president proposes? Who has more clout? Congress, the White House, public opinion? We ask former Rep. Tom Davis.
Former Virginia Congressman Tom Davis said federal employees are on the chopping block because they are easy prey. Davis, now a director with Deloitte and Touche, said a letter from the Washington-D.C. area delegation could impact the potential two-year pay freeze the White House is proposing. The eight House members say feds are being targeted unfairly to help reduce the deficit.
Former Representative Tom Davis, now with Deloitte, says increased oversight and the budget battle will affect career executives and their ability to lead.
D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray has struggled so far to build relationships with the House's new Republican majority, which could make it difficult to accomplish his top priorities given Congress' ultimate say over the capital city's budget and laws.
Mark Plotkin, WTOP political analyst
Former Congressman Tom Davis (VA-R) joins host Roger Waldron for a discussion on the federal procurement system. Plus, Davis gives his take on the current budget debate.
March 29, 2011
The Honorable Tom Davis talks about on trends facing Government Contractors; as a former congressman and noted technology leader, he shares Government Contractor strategies and vision.