Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Davis
Mark Amtower talks with former Congressman Tom Davis about the pendulum of procurement reform and more.
Dec. 7, 2009
Step one: hire good people.
How does Congress go through the sifter on what the president proposes? Who has more clout? Congress, the White House, public opinion? We ask former Rep. Tom Davis.
Former Virginia Congressman Tom Davis said federal employees are on the chopping block because they are easy prey. Davis, now a director with Deloitte and Touche, said a letter from the Washington-D.C. area delegation could impact the potential two-year pay freeze the White House is proposing. The eight House members say feds are being targeted unfairly to help reduce the deficit.
Former Representative Tom Davis, now with Deloitte, says increased oversight and the budget battle will affect career executives and their ability to lead.
D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray has struggled so far to build relationships with the House's new Republican majority, which could make it difficult to accomplish his top priorities given Congress' ultimate say over the capital city's budget and laws.
Mark Plotkin, WTOP political analyst
Former Congressman Tom Davis (VA-R) joins host Roger Waldron for a discussion on the federal procurement system. Plus, Davis gives his take on the current budget debate.
March 29, 2011
The Honorable Tom Davis talks about on trends facing Government Contractors; as a former congressman and noted technology leader, he shares Government Contractor strategies and vision.