Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Davis
NCMA Executive Director Michael Fischetti and Tom Davis, former chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, conclude that better leadership will get the acquisition process where it needs to be.
Tom Davis, director of government relations at Deloitte and former chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said acquisition offices haven't improved much since Congress passed SARA in 2003.
Tags: Deloitte , Marcia Madsen , Mayer Brown , acquisition , Acquisition Advisory Panel , SARA , SARA Panel , Missing Pieces of Procurement Reform , Jory Heckman , Michael OConnell , acquisition reform
Acquisition reform is one of the most popular subjects on Capitol Hill right now. The likely next chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-Texas), is leading a task force on defense acquisition reform. The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations just published a collection of essays from acquisition experts on the next steps for reform. Our special report, The Missing Pieces of Procurement Reform, focuses on finding some kind of legislation reform. Tom Davis, director of government relations for Deloitte and former Chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, tells In Depth with Francis Rose what's changed since the Services Acquisition Reform Act panel presented its work to his committee eight years ago.
Tom Davis, director of Federal Government Affairs for Deloitte, what the government could do to become leaner and more efficient.
April 29, 2014
Ron Ross of the National Institute of Standards and Technology wants feedback on the agency's IT security and privacy controls. Deputy Commissioner Wanda Rogers of the Treasury Department's Financial Management Service talks about the final transition to E-Payments. Philip Lohaus is a research fellow with the American Enterprise Institute and former Defense Department analyst who has studied and blogged about how the CIA is two organizations in one.
Tags: Ron Ross , Wanda Rodgers , Philip Lohaus , Sen. Ben Cardin , NIST , Treasury Department , Deloitte & Touche , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , CIA , Federal Drive , Deloitte & Touche
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held its first hearing on the steps needed to reform IT management across government. But federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said he has the authority needed to improve how agencies spend money on technology programs. Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the committee's chairman, is developing legislation to update laws governing the management of IT.
Tags: technology , Steven VanRoekel , OMB , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , CIO authorities , IT reform , Deloitte , David Powner , GAO , John Mica , Jason Miller , House , Congress
Former Virginia Congressman and current Deloitte Federal Government Affairs Director Tom Davis talks about this year's presidential election results.
November 13, 2012
Following Tuesday's election, Democrats maintain control of the Senate and Republicans continue to hold sway in the House. Retirements, term limits and a few new lawmakers alter the leadership of some committees.
Current and former officials at the General Services Administration will face a gauntlet of congressional hearings this week, following reports of excessive spending on a 2010 regional training conference and other programs. In an interview on In Depth with Francis Rose, former Virginia Congressman and Chair of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Tom Davis shared his insights and what to look for during the hearings.
Host Roger Waldron talks about the upcoming fall elections with former Virginia congressman, and Deloitte Federal Government Affairs Director Tom Davis.
June 19, 2012