Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Coburn
Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), who is also a medical doctor, said electronic health records could be a powerful magnet for cyber criminals, NextGov reports.
A plan to cut the Postal Service's costs so it can stay in business has passed the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Relations Committee. Majority Leader Harry Reid has promised a vote on the Senate floor as soon as possible, according to committee leaders.
The government's promise of lifetime health care for the military's men and women is suddenly a little less sacrosanct as Congress looks to slash trillion-dollar-plus deficits.
The federal government has developed a disturbing practice of cleverly hiding information.
Tags: Lurita Doan , Barack Obama , CBP , San Ysidro Port of entry , Jayson Ahern , GSA , Defense , DoD , contracting , SIGAR , Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstr , Susan Collins , Claire McCaskill , education , Dick Durbin , NTEU , EPA , Energy , Commerce , Carol Browner , OPM , TSA , SBA , stimulus , small business , State , Treasury , Freddie Mac , Fannie Mae
Sen. Tom Coburn is pressing his former legislative partner on the implementation of the Federal Financial Accountability and Transparency Act.
The deputy director for management tells lawmakers the government will save $40 billion over the next two years. Zients also wants agencies to grow the acquisition workforce by five percent over the next few years. Lawmakers express some reservations about OMB's plans.
Tags: contracting , Jeff Zients , Claire McCaskill , Susan Collins , OMB , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs , Contracting Oversight , acquisition workforce , A-76 , Inherently governmental , insourcing
Time for lawmakers to pass a continuing resolution is running short as the fiscal year ends Friday. The Senate rejected the House version of CR Friday, and will take up debate on its version Monday afternoon. In the meantime, cuts to GAO and the E-Government Fund are drawing ire from supporters.
Tags: technology , budget , Congress , House , Senate , Harry Reid , continuing resolution , shutdown , Joseph Lieberman , Dave McClure , GSA , GAO , OMB , E-Government Fund , Jason Miller , appropriations
In reports and testimony to Congress, the Government Accountability Office finds DoD has built a credible plan to meet a Congressionally-mandated full financial audit by 2017. However, the audit agency is skeptical the military branches will be able to implement the plan in time.
Congress, unions, new Postmaster General all agree current payment structure for retirees is killing chances of USPS survival.
His goal: to settle once and for all the question of whether federal employees are overpaid compared to the private sector.