Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Coburn
Russell Deyo sailed through his nomination hearing before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Wednesday. He said the Homeland Security Department needs to consolidate financial management systems so it can use the data to make strategic decisions. The committee also heard from nominees for Immigration and Customs Enforcement and USPS Board of Governors.
The Inspector General Act gives IGs authority to obtain any information necessary for their investigations, but some agencies are giving IGs a hard time with their requests. Members of Senate and House oversight committees are calling on Shaun Donovan, the recently confirmed director of the Office of Management and Budget, to address the issue.
Tags: inspector general , OMB , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Tom Carper , Darrell Issa , Elijah Cummings , Shaun Donovan , Stephanie Wasko , oversight , information sharing
The Enhanced Security Clearance Act of 2013 requires the Office of Personnel Management to implement an enhanced security clearance system. Under the system, every security clearance gets two random audits over a five-year time period.
About 83,000 Defense Department employees and contractors, who held or were determined eligible for a security clearance, owed more than $730 million in unpaid taxes as of June 2012, according to a new report from the Government Accountability Office. Per GAO's recommendations, the Office of Personnel Management, Office of the Director of National Intelligence and DoD are now working to include tax-compliance checks to enhance security clearance processes.
Anne Rung, President Obama's nominee to lead the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, detailed her three major priorities should the Senate confirm her. Lawmakers press Rung on improving communication between OMB and Congress, and how best to deal with the multi-sector workforce.
Two congressional leaders want to know whether USIS' history was considered when awarding a $190 million Homeland Security Department contract.
Tags: House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform , Elijah Cummings , Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , Jeh Johnson , DHS , DoJ , USIS , security clearance , dumping
The nomination of Shaun Donovan to be director of the Office of Management and Budget as well as a variety of bills dealing with federal IT reform and cybersecurity updates crowded the docket of the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee business meeting Wednesday.
Tags: technology , Congress , OMB , Shaun Donovan , Tom Carper , IT reform , cybersecurity , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Beth Cobert , Mark Forman , TASC , Erica McCann , Daniel Castro , Jason Miller
In this edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz about the IT and acquisition communities. Senate lawmakers prepare to mark-up IT reform bill next week. CIO's spend time at camp where OMB and others emphasize the word of the year: effectiveness.
Tags: technology , DATA Act , financial management , A-11 , OMB , Senate Homeland and Governmental Affairs Committee , FITARA , FISMA , cybersecurity , Steve VanRoekel , Tom Carper , budget , security clearances , ODNI , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook
Sen. Tom Coburn's (R-Okla.) investigation into Veterans Affairs hospitals reveals widespread manipulation, criminal activity and poor management.