Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tom Carper
A new program will target high school students in the government's search for the next generation of cyber warriors. Lawmakers hope the U.S. Cyber Challenge will help attract and train much needed experts in cybersecurity.
Patrick Donahoe became the 73rd Postmaster General Friday, assuming control of the Postal Service in the midst of a fiscal crisis. Donahoe said USPS will reduce its workforce by another 7,500 people in 2011. Still, he's optimistic about the future. In the short term, however, the reality is that postal workers are likely to suffer while the agency tries to balance its books.
A bill passed by the Senate aims to increase government accountability by creating a performance officer at each agency.
Chairman and Ranking Member of committee overseeing GAO both recommended him to President Obama as best candidate.
With Congress set to return for a lame-duck session after the elections, it is unclear whether lawmakers will have the time or inclination to pass a comprehensive cybersecurity bill. Some experts are calling for Congress to address at least some of the most important aspects if they can't agree on a larger bill.
The Postal Service is reeling from the decision by the Postal Rate Commission not to increase the price to mail a letter. USPS was hoping to use the rate hike to help close the $7 billion deficit it faces this year. The service continues to face reduced volume, more people using the Internet and legal barriers to changing key parts of its business mode.
A bill by Sen. Thomas Carper (D-Del.) aims to save the Postal Service from mounting debt with the POST Act.
Senator Tom Carper of Delaware says the results from a new Government Accountability Office study are evidence that lawmakers should enact tougher rules to ensure the security of federal data -- like his bill -- Data Security and Breach Notification Act.
The White House releases 56 agency sustainability plans showing how the government will meet an assortment of energy efficiency goals. Federal Environmental Executive Michelle Moore said ideas run the gamut from recycling to computer power management. The administration is hosting the GreenGov Symposium in October to help educate and promote agency goals.
Tags: management , Michelle Moore , White House , Council on Environmental Quality , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , energy efficiency , sustainability plans , Green government , Jason Miller
The Office of Management and Budget is throwing a lifeline, of sorts, to 15 agencies who have IT projects that are on its high-risk list. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra said the 26 projects on his new high priority list are mission critical. He said some extra attention now could reap dividends down the road when those projects finally realize their long-awaited potential.
Tags: management , technology , OMB , Vivek Kundra , OPM , Matt Perry , DoJ , Vance Hitch , Bernie Mazur , Interior , NARA , David Ferrierro , Senate , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , FBI, Sentinel , RSM , High Risk list , Max Cacas