Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Todd Park
In his new role, Chief Technology Officer Todd Park will leave the White House and head west to recruit tech whizzes from Silicon Valley to help the government.
The White House released a U.S. Open Data Action Plan Friday, which comes exactly one year after the President signed an executive order to make government data open and machine-readable.
A new memo from CTO Todd Park requires agencies to update their open government plans by June 1. The plans should include new efforts as well as progress reports on current initiatives.
Tags: management , open government , transparency , technology , Office of Science and Technology Policy , OMB , Nick Sinai , Corinna Zarek , Gavin Baker , Center for Effective Government , FOIA , Jason Miller
Federal CTO Todd Park and other White House officials unveiled a new set of initiatives Thursday designed to help businesses and consumers avoid unnecessary and costly patent litigation.
In a letter to federal CIO Steve VanRoekel and federal CTO Todd Park, Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairmen want documents and information on whether the program went under a TechStat review and whether the White House made decisions that impacted the use of federal IT best practices.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee pressed federal Chief Information Officer Steve VanRoekel, federal Chief Technology Officer Todd Park, Department of Health and Human Services CIO Frank Baitman and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services deputy CIO Henry Chao to acknowledge the oversight failings, and for someone to declare they were in charge of the program.
Tags: technology , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Steve VanRoekel , OMB , Darrell Issa , Trey Gowdy , Henry Chao , CMS , HHS , Frank Baitman , David Powner , GAO , HealthCare.gov , Affordable Care Act , Jason Miller
HHS and CMS cyber officials tell House lawmakers the Affordable Care Act portal is meeting or exceeding industry best practices for information assurance.
Tags: Frank Baitman , Steve VanRoekel , Henry Chao , James Lankford , Darrell Issa , Gerry Connolly , Kevin Charest , Barack Obama , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , HealthCare.gov , technology , health IT , Congress , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , FITARA
In this week's edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed.
Tags: technology , Digital Government Strategy , Gwynne Kostin , GSA , web analytics , USDA , Amanda Nguyen , HealthCare.gov , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Karen Evans , Steven VanRoekel , CMS , OMB , Trey Gowdy , Frank Baitman , Henry Chao , cybersecurity , DATA Act , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , Congressional Budget Office , DHS , contracting , Mary Davie , Anne Rung , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) is compelling federal CTO Todd Park show up Wednesday for a hearing before the Oversight and Government Reform Committee on the IT oversight problems of the HealthCare.gov website.
Speaking before the President's Council of Advisers on Science and Technology at the National Academy of Sciences Thursday morning, Steven VanRoekel, the federal chief information officer, said the President's second-term management agenda is building on past successes to make lasting change ordinary American citizens can feel in their everyday lives.