Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Todd Harrison
Todd Harrison is the defense budget fellow at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. In this week's edition of On DoD, he talks with Jared Serbu about a new study he's just finished: Rebalancing Military Compensation: An Evidence-based Approach. He asked servicemembers which benefits they actually valued and which ones they didn't.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Todd Harrison, a senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss pay and benefits proposals in the fiscal-year 2013 budget request unveiled Monday. CSBA has been surveying service members on how they view their benefits.
The Pentagon has unveiled details of a 10-year strategy for defense cuts — including reductions in military pay and benefits. But before any large-scale changes are made, service members should be given a chance to voice their opinions of their compensation packages, the Center for Strategic and Budgetary, a prominent defense think tanks argues. "The Pentagon is already starting to move to make changes in the compensation system," said CSBA senior fellow Todd Harrison. "And basically our point here is before we start tinkering with things, before we start making changes we need to understand first how service members actually view different parts of their compensation package."
Plans would reduce ground forces while bolstering sea and air power to counter perceived threat from Asia and Western Pacific.
Todd Harrison, a senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss how sequestration will affect defense managers and contractors. He said the threat of automatic, across-the-board cuts from sequestration will hang over DoD for the next year.
Todd Harrison, a senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss changes to military retirement.
A new Center for Strategic and Budgetary Analysis report says the Defense Department should look at improving value in military pay and benefits, not simply cutting. The report also calls for a BRAC-like commission to study service members' benefits.