Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tim Young
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Stan Soloway, president and CEO of the Professional Services Council, and Tim Young of Deloitte help Francis Rose count down the week's top stories.
Experts say Beth Cobert must take the Goldilocks approach to developing management priorities for the next three years. President Barack Obama nominated Cobert to be OMB's deputy director for management Wednesday. Performance management observers say she needs to bring energy and new ways of looking at old problems.
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Agencies face a series of deadlines starting at the end of May to map out their plan to consolidate commodity IT. Vendors will, many times, be the suppliers of the shared service, said Scott Bernard, OMB's chief architect. OMB wants agencies to use the shared services strategy as a guide and the PortfolioStat sessions as the tool to figure out where opportunities exist.
The new strategy details several requirements for agencies to meet by Aug. 31. The goal is to reduce the amount of money agencies spend on commodity IT and have them spend it on innovations.
The administration detailed a 25-point plan to improve the way agencies buy and manage technology. Current and former government officials say OMB is using lessons learned from the past to set the agencies up for success.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , Teri Takai , Jeff Zients , OMB , DoD , Mark Forman , Bob Dix , Deloitte Consulting , KPMG , Juniper Networks , IT reforms , cloud computing , agile development , cybersecurity , Jason Miller
The White House has released a consolidated financial report for the entire government. But the Government Accountability Office says the information is, for the most part, flawed.