Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tim Walberg
The Office of Personnel Management told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that the 50-year-old law creating the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) has hurt its ability to keep the FEHBP up-to-date. The agency estimates billions in savings over the next decade should Congress approve the White House's proposals in the 2014 budget request.
Tags: workforce , pay and benefits , OPM , John Foley , Darrell Issa , Eleanor Holmes Norton , Blue Cross Blue Shield , United Healthcare , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Jason Miller , FEHBP
If enacted, H.R. 2465 would make several changes to the Federal Employees' Compensation Act, including allowing assistants and nurses to certify disabilities.
Republican House lawmakers are frustrated and concerned over the draft Executive Order requiring contractors to make campaign contributions public. OFPP's Dan Gordon declines to answer specific questions about the proposal, but said transparency is key to ensuring trust in the procurement system.
Tags: contracting , industry , Dan Gordon , Darrell Issa , Sam Graves , Elijah Cummings , Nydia Velazquez , House Small Business Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , OFPP , White House , FEC , draft executive order , political contributions , Disclose Act , Jason Miller