Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Thrift Savings Plan
Okay, so August wasn't the best month for the Thrift Savings Plan. But is that any reason to panic? No, says guest analyst Arthur Stein, who joins us for our look back at the TSP for last month. But he says instead of panic, do some thoughtful reflection on where your money is going in the TSP, and whether it's a good idea to perhaps switch into a new TSP investment tool which is expected to be available to feds next year - the Roth TSP.
Someday you'll want to take money out of your TSP. Federal News Radio's Francis Rose spoke with Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, for tips on reversing the flow of cash.
If you're still looking ahead to paying for that education, you might get some help from your Thrift Savings Plan account.
Figuring out if you're saving what you need to is a smart move, and the TSP has the tools to help.
Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board says choose an L Fund that reflects your draw down date, not necessarily your retirement date.
The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board's Tom Trabucco explains how the online tool can help feds determine their monthly annuity based on their current balance.
TSP Board's Tom Trabucco describes the news system aimed at preventing another improper payment that happened earlier in the month.
It's a New Year and a new strategy on debt management. CPA Freddie Cook joins hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan to give advice about how to get your finances in order.
January 3, 2011
Feds with retirement funds in the Thrift Savings Plan know that May was a rough month for your money. But it's not time to panic. Paul Yurachek from Ameriprise Financial Services in Bethesda analyzes a rollercoaster month for the TSP with reporter Max Cacas for our monthly feature, "TSP Snapshot".