Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Thomas Winkowski
The Customs and Border Protection directorate wants to weed out agents who "go bad" years into their careers, using more lie detector tests. Background checks at the Transportation Security Administration have kept more than 5,000 potentially bad actors from joining the TSA workforce. At Immigration and Customs Enforcement, leaders emphasize the importance of employee outreach and education to prevent corruption.
Tags: corruption , oversight , management , ICE , CBP , DHS , James Duncan , Timothy Moynihan , Michael McCaul , House Homeland Security Committee , Subcommittee on Oversight, Investigations and Management , ethics , Ruben Gomez
DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano announced Alan Bersin had been appointed by President Barack Obama to serve as the department's first assistant secretary of international affairs. Bersin, who served as the commissioner of Customs and Border Protection in a recess appointment, resigned last month after Congress adjourned without voting to confirm his appointment.