Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: The Obama Impact
Examine the source materials Federal News Radio used to reach conclusions for the special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
Federal News Radio evaluated a total of five initiatives meant to rally federal managers' enthusiasm, expertise and duty as part of the special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years. We determined more progress was needed on the administration's performance management and regulation reduction efforts. We called the President's plan to reorganize the Commerce Department a bust but find effective efforts surrounding energy sustainability and cutting waste, fraud, abuse and improper payments.
President Obama has signed more than 130 executive orders since he took office. Federal News Radio compiled some of the orders most pertinent to federal employees and contractors.
As part of the special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
The Obama administration's legacy over the past four years consists of major wins, missed opportunities and large scale busts. Federal News Radio evaluated 23 ideas and initiatives behind which the administration flexed its performance and management muscle over the last four years. We rated 10 of the 23 as "effective" and 13 of the 23 as "more progress needed" or "ineffective." In our special weeklong multimedia series, "The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years" we review how well the administration was able to go from concept to strategy to implementation to success in the areas of management, technology, workforce and acquisition.