Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: The Need for the Next Generation
The federal government faces a growing number of workers eligible for retirement. At the same time, agencies are seeing its newest workers leaving in the largest numbers. What are agencies doing to bring in the next generation of federal workers?
Take the poll - Tell us what you think is the biggest hurdle to recruiting and retaining young employees in the federal government.
Part of "The Need for the Next Generation" special report, the VA Acquisition Academy's internship program develops future contracting professionals through rigorous classes, job rotations and leadership development.
Part of "The Need for the Next Generation" special report, the Office of Personnel Management is creating an innovation lab in its basement to test different workplaces and work styles.
Part of "The Need for the Next Generation" special report, NASA's Toni Dawsey explains how the space agency revamped its onboarding program for new hires.
Young people want more of a mentor than a supervisor. Part of "The Need for the Next Generation" special report looks at what characteristics young feds expect of their managers.
Part of "The Need for the Next Generation" special report, GAO explains how the watchdog agency re-imagined its brand and recruiting methods to become a highly competitive agency for young people to work for.