Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: The Hill
Congressional negotiators are closer to reaching a spending deal with less than a week left before the current budget expires.
The fight has started to push an omnibus spending bill through Congress to fund the federal government through the rest of the year. The current continuing resolution expires Dec. 16.
Bernie Becker, a staff writer for The Hill newspaper, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the myriad budget uncertainties facing Congress and federal agencies.
Despite the successful passage last week of a small group of annual spending bills covering several federal agencies' 2012 budgets, Congress will likely fold the remaining bills into a single omnibus.
Congress crafted a partial measure to fund some agencies through fiscal year 2012 and extend a continuing resolution for others. Erik Wasson of The Hill acknowledges that the current budget process has been the most complicated he's seen.
Alexander Bolton of The Hill discusses the status of potential cuts to federal spending that supercommitte is considering.
Julian Pecquet, a staff writer for The Hill newspaper, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss how a recent Executive Order affects the FDA's day-to-day business and more broadly how such orders affect agency operations.
Russell Berman, a staff writer at The Hill newspaper, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss where things stand with the supercommittee less than a month before its deadline to present proposals to Congress.
Alexander Bolton, a staff writer for The Hill newspaper, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the various proposals and how they could impact federal employees.
Erik Wasson, a staff writer with The Hill newspaper, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the president's jobs bill, which was defeated in the Senate this week.