Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: The Data Center Minute
A recent State of the Data Center Report found that many organizations' storage hardware operates at 30-40% utilization. Despite this under utilization and increasing budget cuts — the first response to resolving storage capacity issues is to purchase new storage hardware. As a result of this quick-fix approach to storage management problems, organizations are buying storage they don't need. With 50% or more available storage capacity, a little education and the right tools, organizations can optimize their existing systems and extend their useful life for a year or more without having to purchase new storage hardware.
If your organization's need for data storage is outpacing your budget and ability to optimize existing storage capacity—Symantec can help you standardize and automate the management of heterogeneous storage platforms.