Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Thanksgiving
This is one of those very special warm and fuzzy holidays so today Senior Correspondent Mike Causey gets about as warm and fuzzy as you would like. And don't worry, it's OK if the kids see this column.
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact show, analysts examine the automatic budget cuts known as sequestration, risk-management for companies in the wake of Hurricane Sandy and the economics behind your Thanksgiving dinner.
President Barack Obama has telephoned 10 U.S. service members stationed abroad to wish them a happy Thanksgiving and praise their military service.
Did you know that it was a long-time civil servant, and his team, who developed the apartment-sized turkey many of us will enjoy today? In fact, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that today we are all turkeys! Editor's Note: Mike's column will not be published tomorrow, Nov. 27. Look for his next column first thing Monday morning!
In case you have to venture out today, here's the basic information you'll need on Thanksgiving closures and openings
Tags: closures , openings , MARC , VRE , OmniRide , TheBus , Fairfax Connector , Arlington Transit , RideOn Buses , Clara Barton Parkway , Rock Creek Park , Rock Creek Parkway , Canal Road , Ari Ashe , Paul D. Shinkman
This is one of those very special warm and fuzzy holidays so today Senior Correspondent Mike Causey gets about as warm and fuzzy as you would like. And don't worry, it's okay if the kids see this column.
Before the tryptophan kicks in on Thursday, almost 850,000 Marylanders are expected to travel 50 miles or more for Thanksgiving, an 11 8 percent increase from 2009
With an overwhelming majority of holiday travelers driving home to their turkey and stuffing, those hitting the road need to first make sure an essential component of their cars is in working order.