Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Terry Weaver
Terry Weaver, president of Weaver Consulting, discusses an overhauled version of Section 508 regulations. Jamison Cush, chief editor of TechTarget's Technology Guide, talks about the new BlackBerry Z-10. Tom Lee, director of Sunlight Labs, explains what's behind "Docket Wrench," a new tool to make it easier to track actions related to proposed rules.
Tags: Weaver Consulting , Section 508 , Access Board , Jamison Cush , Tech Target , BlackBerry , Tom Lee , Sunlight Labs , Sunlight Foundation , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , DoD , DoD Report , Federal Drive
The Project on Government Oversight evaluates whether defense contractors would be hit hard by sequestration. Plus, what are best practices for creating PDFs that are accessible by people with disabilities?
Terry Weaver plans to leave government service Jan. 3 and start her own Section 508 consulting firm.
GSA, U.S. Access Board trying to address the questions around accessibility and social media. Access Board is updating Section 508 standards. GSA is offering training and will blog about 508 in the coming months.
President Obama releases set of initiatives that includes a government-wide job fair and a new interagency task force to promote best practices. At the same time, GSA and the Access Board are updating the Section 508 requirements for technology.
The General Services Administration carries a big stick when it comes to making sure your work is accessible to everyone.
GSA is working to make sure 508 does not go 404.