Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Teri Takai
When it comes to using the cloud, Defense Department chief information officer Teri Takai says a private cloud will help her department achieve the highest level of security. But she didn’t rule out using commercial cloud services completely. During a House Armed Services Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities hearing last week, NextGov reports Takai [...]
Fears that the leak of thousands of State Department memos to the website WikiLeaks would reverse progress on interagency sharing of national security information have not materialized, officials testified Thursday. Agencies have responded by recognizing the need to protect data rather than by hoarding it, they said.
Tags: DoD , Congress , technology , information sharing , State Department , Director of National Intelligence , James Clapper , Corin Stone , Patrick Kennedy , WikiLeaks , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , identity management , secure identity cards , CACs , public key infrastructure , SIPRNet , Jared Serbu
The administration detailed a 25-point plan to improve the way agencies buy and manage technology. Current and former government officials say OMB is using lessons learned from the past to set the agencies up for success.
Tags: technology , management , Vivek Kundra , Jeff Zients , OMB , DoD , Tim Young , Mark Forman , Bob Dix , Deloitte Consulting , KPMG , Juniper Networks , IT reforms , cloud computing , agile development , cybersecurity , Jason Miller
Venable's Rob Burton and Federal News Radio's Jason Miller count down their choices for the three most important Federal news stories of the week.
Dave Wennergren is the outgoing DoD deputy CIO. He tells our own Jason Miller about the personnel changes coming to the office and the biggest challenges Takai will face.
Rob Carey is following Dave Wennergren for a third time. Carey will become the new Defense Department deputy chief information officer as of Oct. 24,
Dave Wennergren is the new assistant deputy chief management officer for the Office of the Deputy Secretary of Defense.
NextGov's Bob Brewin analyzes the future of the former DoD CIO nominee.
The Defense Department has officially withdrawn the nomination of Teresa Takai to be its next assistant secretary of defense for networks and information integration and chief information officer.