Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Telework Exchange
Nine out of ten employees at one federal office are now teleworking nine out of ten days, adding up to a whole lot of happy.
Under the Telework Enhancement Act, agencies were supposed to have told their employees by Tuesday whether they were allowed to telework. OPM said telework coordinators say they have processes in place to meet the law's requirements. A new survey finds the law having an impact on telecommuting across the government.
More than 28,000 workers in the WTOP listening area pledged to work at home during National Telework Week.
Now that the Telework Enhancement Act has been passed, what comes next? Find out what agencies are expected to do now. Host Bill Bransford talks with Cindy Auten of Telework Exchange and Paul Rowson of WorldatWork.
January 7, 2011
The House passes the Telework Enhancement Act.
The White House reiterated its strong support of flexible workplace arrangements -- which includes telework.
Special advisor the President Kareem Dale is refocusing agency efforts to make sure Web sites and other technology meets the accessibility law. The CIO Council also is looking at technology issues for people with disabilities. Dale says Justice also is working on a new survey of how agencies are complying with Section 508.
To really hit home with telework, experts say the quality of video must improve.
OPM's workplace flexibility pilot program takes shape in Washington and Pennsylvania.
One expert says Feds need to treat "snow days" as informal tests to assess how effective teleworking plans are and how to improve upon them.