Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Technology
The Pentagon is challenging a report that alleges new military prison photos show Iraqi prisoner abuse including sexual abuse. Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said Britain's images were "completely miss characterized by Britain's Daily Telegraph." The newspaper reported one of the photos apparently shows an American soldier raping a female prisoner. Other photos reportedly showed acts of abuse using objects including a club and wire.
May 27th, 2009
Virtualization is on the "watch list" for IT professionals all over the Federal government. Lee Badger, a computer scientist at the National Institutes of Standards and Technology, is researching the ways virtualization can impact security, IT costs, and other aspects of running an IT operation. He told me about the work NIST is doing and how virtualization can help agencies meet their missions more effectively.
OMB drafting new guidance to let agencies use function to better understand citizen Web behavior. Draft policy includes opt-in option.