Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Technology
Carolyn Clancy, M.D.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
September 14th and September 16th
September 9th, 2009
Two distinct positives for new media applications are attracting Federal agencies: they are cheap (most are free) and they are easy to use.
Wednesday, September 16th, 2009 at 2:05pm
During the past six months, government actions have begun a move toward "Trust Networks." Four key components for creating successful Trust Networks include identity, trust management, data sharing, and security. These "Trust Frameworks and Open Trust Networks" are being designed to provide greater access and inter-operability between government agencies, the private sector, and public at large.
The U.S. is watching Damascus very carefully today. Syrian President Bashar al Assad is hosting Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. Chavez has made no secret of his disdain for the U.S. and Syria and the U.S. don't work well together because of their relationship with Iran, North Korea and terrorist organizations. The Presidents and their ministers are meeting to review a series of 11 existing agreements. One of the big worries for the U.S. intelligence community is that relationship give enemies of the US direct access to this hemisphere.
September 2nd, 2009
Renovating the biggest office space in the world would be a challenge in any environment.
Sept. 3, 2009
Agency wants vendors to provide answers to 28 questions about how this new set up would work.