Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Technology
Of the places where virtual worlds technology is generating so much buzz, probably the most excitement comes in the area of education, especially distance learning.
The Pentagon is challenging a report that alleges new military prison photos show Iraqi prisoner abuse including sexual abuse. Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said Britain's images were "completely miss characterized by Britain's Daily Telegraph." The newspaper reported one of the photos apparently shows an American soldier raping a female prisoner. Other photos reportedly showed acts of abuse using objects including a club and wire.
May 27th, 2009
Virtualization is on the "watch list" for IT professionals all over the Federal government. Lee Badger, a computer scientist at the National Institutes of Standards and Technology, is researching the ways virtualization can impact security, IT costs, and other aspects of running an IT operation. He told me about the work NIST is doing and how virtualization can help agencies meet their missions more effectively.