Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Technology
This week, host Tom Temin talks with DNSSEC expert Joe Waldron of Verisign.
April 8, 2010
Wednesday marked an important milestone for the Open Government Initiative. Federal agencies have begun releasing their plans and highlighting how they plan to make agency operations and data more transparent.
Learn all about it in today's cybersecurity update.
Get a preview of tomorrow's Ask the CIO show.
The Department of Energy says an expansion of the production of cellulosic biofuels can help to meet energy production, and greenhouse gas reduction goals.
The Department's Section 9-42 program supports the production of cellulosic biofuels by providing payments on a per gallon basis through a reverse auction process.
Members of the Biotechnology Industry group "BIO" point to a new report they say shows advanced biofuels are key to creating new jobs and revitalizing the U.S. economy.
The Report says the development of the industry could produce more than 140-billion dollars in economic growth by the year 2030, including the direct creation of as many as 29-thousand jobs by the year 2012; while reducing U.S petroleum imports by about 5-point-5 billion dollars by the same year, and by nearly 70-billion dollars by the year 2022.
The Internet, and search engines, are helping to reduce barriers, particularly in e-commerce.
The Export-Import Bank of the United States -the Ex-Im Bank - says it will start a partnership with Google to help American small and mid-sized businesses harness the power of the Internet to initiate or expand sales outside of the country. Bank officials say Google's tools can empower businesses to reach new customers all over the world, and that even small businesses can create a global presence.
The Chairman and President of the Ex-Im Bank Fred Hochberg specifically points to use of the search engine in helping achieve President Obama's goal of doubling U.S. exports within the next five years, while at the same time putting more Americans to work producing them.
Head of Acquisitions at US-Google Stuart Small says, there are now more than 1.2 billion people online worldwide, and many of them are ready and able to buy and research online.
By the time the NHIN Direct Project is done, there will be one nationwide exchange, consisting of the organizations that have come together in a common policy framework to implement the standards and services. Acting director of the office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, Dr. Doug Fridsma, explains how it will work.
Tags: collaboration , contracting , egov , Executive , GSA , management , performance , policy , technology , Web 2.0 , White House , workforce , information sharing , oversight , strategy , transparency