Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Technology
SRA Chief Executive Officer believes in a greater focus on preventing intellectual property loss.
Trusted Computer Solutions COO delves into cybersecurity, acquisition, and more.
There is a new alliance in the battle for cybersecurity. Though neither side has confirmed it, The Washington Post recently reported that Google has asked the NSA to help investigate the mid-December cyber attack against its networks "to better defend Google - and its users - from future attack." This partnership demonstrates the increasing interdependencies between the public and private sector in defending against cyber threats.
Dennis Blair, Director of the Office of National Intelligence, delivered the Intelligence Community's annual threat assessment to Congress last week. Cyber threats topped the list with the Director describing malicious cyber activity as occurring on an "unprecedented scale with extraordinary sophistication" and citing network convergence and channel consolidation as increasing vulnerabilities.
As the Defense Department's proposed Cyber Command awaits confirmation hearings on its proposed commander, the services are moving forward to establish their own cyber organizations. Vice Admiral Barry McCullough reported for duty on January 29th as Commander of the newly reconstituted 10th Fleet, officially standing up the U.S. Navy's Fleet Cyber Command.
USCG Commandant is stepping down May 26th, makes his last State of the Coast Guard speech.
CIO has reviewed half of the 79 major IT investments at the agency, and says so far none have been deemed "fatally flawed."