Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Technology
Vint Cerf of Google gives his thoughts on what the future holds for federal agencies in the cloud.
May 4, 2010
Learn more in today's cybersecurity update.
More agencies and federal employees are getting interested in Web 2.0 technologies.
While the U.S. high-tech industry lost 245,600 jobs in 2009, federal IT employees and contractors may have dodged the biggest bullets. Josh James, Director of Research for the TechAmerica Foundation, and Olga Grkavac, executive vice president, public sector, TechAmerica explain.
As Haiti rebuilds after last January's massive earthquake, the need for access to its statutes and other law-related materials has become paramount to the nation and its people, and organizations helping with the recovery effort. Roberta Shaffer and Mark Strattner with the Law Library of Congress explain.
The Senate is now considering one of several cybersecurity bills now making their way through the U.S. Congress. The principal co-author of one bill spoke to a software industry group holding a cybersecurity forum at the Newseum yesterday.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , BSA , Newseum , Jay Rockefeller , Olympia Snowe , 2010 Cybersecurity Forum , Senate Commerce Science and Transportation Committ , Gary Locke , Commerce , NIST , Department of Education , OPM
A new report from the Federal CIO Council outlines what federal agencies, and the government as a whole, must do if it wants to get more members of Generation Y into the federal IT workforce.
The Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, part of the Department of Energy, is developing digital ants -- yes, ants -- to help keep your agency's systems secure.
WFED's Jason Miller reports from the Coalition for Government Procurement Conference.
Some of the federal government's top web managers and producers are seeing some new, cutting edge tools.
Tags: In Depth , management , technology , best practices , Web 2.0 , Gov 2.0 , government 2.0 , Bev Godwin , GSA , Federal Center for New Media and Citizen Engagemen , 2010 Government Web and New Media Conference , Dan Munz , IdeaSpace , Section 508 , Open Government Initiative , Andrea Sigritz , terms of service , Facebook , Twitter , Tiffany Smith , State Department , FedSpace , Go.USA.gov , Gwynne Kostin , Max Cacas , #govnewmedia