Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TechWeb
Painter came to the White House 'shortly' after Hathaway left. He has been the deputy assistant director in the FBI's cyber crime division.
CIO Lt. Gen. Jeffrey Sorenson says the service will use Forge.mil as a repository for software developed in the battlefield. The goal is for other soldiers and commands to see what exists, use it and improve upon it.
Pilot would let citizens sign on to use government services through private sector accounts. OMB hopes to reach citizens where they already are doing business online.
Tags: technology , Judy Spencer , Vivek Kundra , OMB , GSA , NIH , Federal Identity Credentialing Committee , OpenID Foundation , O'Reilly Media , Don Thibeau , HSPD-12 , secure identity card , ID management
Federal CTO Aneesh Chopra says agencies need people to lead this innovation. He also says new directive will help solidify the permanence of open government ideals.