Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TechAmerica
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: technology , acquisition , GSA , OMB , Tom Sharpe , Steven VanRoekel , Linda Gooden , Lockheed Martin , Lisa Schlosser , Gwynne Kostin , FedRAMP , cybersecurity , cloud computing , OASIS , Jim Ghiloni , Stan Soloway , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller
Rep. Darrell Issa said agencies need a lot more agility in their IT spending, but a lack of budget authority and a proliferation of accountability among bureau-level CIOs gets in the way.
A collection of federal unions and watchdogs groups wrote to the House and Senate Armed Services Committee urging support for a law capping taxpayer-funded contracting compensation costs at $230, 700 — the maximum salary earned by the highest-paid federal employees.
The Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act would codify much of the Obama administration's 25-point IT reform plan. The draft bill would go even further in attempting to address long-standing challenges for agency chief information officers.
Tags: technology , Darrell Issa , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , IT reform , OMB , GSA , strategic sourcing , Mike Hettinger , Software and Information Industry Association , Trey Hodgkins , Jason Miller
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
The National Protection and Programs Directorate said it would not put a contractor communication guidance in place that would have required agency leaders to answer 15 questions before meeting with companies. Industry experts said the draft guidance would have had a chilling effect on agency-contractor communication.
Lawmakers have about 23 real work days left before the end of the fiscal year to pass USPS reform, comprehensive cyber, DoD authorization and all the 2013 spending bills. Experts hold out little hope even after the passage of the FDA bill and the expected approval of the highway legislation.
Trey Hodgkins, the senior vice president for national security and procurement policy, and "In Depth" host Francis Rose count down the top federal news stories of the week.
The Shared Services Strategy is the latest way agencies can reduce spending on infrastructure technology and spend more on mission-critical IT. Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said PortfolioStat is the lynchpin to the entire process for agencies. He held the first meeting with agencies leaders to discuss expectations.
The report said cybersecurity contributed to some CIOs' reluctance to adopt mobility and cloud computing initiatives.