Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tech America
Trey Hodgkins, senior vice president for Global Public Sector at TechAmerica, will discuss how sequestration and other issues will affect contracting and acquisition.
October 8, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Trey Hodgkins , 2012 Vision Conference , sequestration , IT manufacturing , continuing resolution , debt limit , procurement , FITARA , shared risk , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
The Tech America Foundation has announced the formation of a Big Data Commission. The group will be made up of members from industry interested in tackling the most pertinent big data questions - like, how government agencies can secure such large volumes of information and how big data can be used to make intelligent decisions. Tech America is looking for commissioners to head up the new group. It's accepting applications on its website through May 14.
Tech America and USTelecom said the Anonymous hacker group targeted their Internet sites in denial-of-service attacks.
Talking to their federal customers is a critical part of a contractor's job. But under the STOCK Act — short for Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge — could make that more difficult. Trey Hodgkins, the senior vice president for National Security and Procurement Policy at TechAmerica, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the proposal.
The President would have had the power to flip a switch and kill the internet... until the Cybersecurity Act was revised. Liesyl Franz, Vice President for Information Security at Tech America, explains.
Former "e-gov Czar" Mark Forman joins host Mark Amtower on today's program.
September 26, 2011