Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tech America
The Defense Department's Industrial Policy Chief, Elana Broitman, stepped down in July, after only five months on the job. The departure comes as relations between industry and the Pentagon are somewhat strained. Mike Hettinger is the senior vice president for the public sector at Tech America. He joined Tom Temin on the Federal Drive to discuss what Broitman's departure means for contractors.
Trey Hodgkins, senior vice president for Global Public Sector at TechAmerica, will discuss how sequestration and other issues will affect contracting and acquisition.
October 8, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Trey Hodgkins , 2012 Vision Conference , sequestration , IT manufacturing , continuing resolution , debt limit , procurement , FITARA , shared risk , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
The Tech America Foundation has announced the formation of a Big Data Commission. The group will be made up of members from industry interested in tackling the most pertinent big data questions - like, how government agencies can secure such large volumes of information and how big data can be used to make intelligent decisions. Tech America is looking for commissioners to head up the new group. It's accepting applications on its website through May 14.
Tech America and USTelecom said the Anonymous hacker group targeted their Internet sites in denial-of-service attacks.
Talking to their federal customers is a critical part of a contractor's job. But under the STOCK Act — short for Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge — could make that more difficult. Trey Hodgkins, the senior vice president for National Security and Procurement Policy at TechAmerica, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the proposal.
The President would have had the power to flip a switch and kill the internet... until the Cybersecurity Act was revised. Liesyl Franz, Vice President for Information Security at Tech America, explains.
Former "e-gov Czar" Mark Forman joins host Mark Amtower on today's program.
September 26, 2011