Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Tax delinquent contractors
OMB controller Danny Werfel said the computer matching provisions in the Privacy Act make it harder for agencies to share information that would make stopping or finding waste, fraud and abuse easier. Senate lawmakers agreed they need to update the law to protect information but reduce the complexities.
Tags: management , financial management , Danny Werfel , Tom Coburn , Tom Carper , OMB , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , GAO , HHS , CMS , Recovery audits , improper payments , waste, fraud and abuse , IRS , SSA , industry , Jason Miller
Agencies must provide details to OFPP on how they review and deal with vendors who have not paid their taxes. IRS also is conducting a survey of its records. OMB will send President Obama a list of recommendations to improve agency processes.