Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TSP
As the third quarter starts, employers cut 125,000 jobs from the nation's payrolls in June, but the loss was driven by a wave of census layoffs. Certified financial planner Arthur Stein explains what's ahead.
This week, Mike Causey talks with Dan Adcock, legislative director of the National Active Retired Federal Employees, about where legislation is in the House that would allow you to move unused annual leave into your TSP after leaving federal service. Then, Randy Erwin of the National Federation of Federal Employees talks about why some in Congress are keen on freezing federal pay and benefits.
Once again, join the NITP experts, Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan for an hour of Benefits, Financial, and TSP information.
June 28, 2010
One of the nation's most popular financial planners is trying to find out a way to get into your Thrift Savings Plan. So who is he and why is the TSP his favorite investment option? Checkout Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's Federal Report today.
So who are the smartest TSP investors in government? Are they rocket scientists, economist, medical researchers or postal employees? Take Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's TGIF quiz to test your investment smarts.
Guess how many of your fellow feds have TSP account balances worth a million bucks or more. If you said 75 you are on the right track and there's even one person with a $3 million account. So how do you get there? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has some suggestions.
What's the difference between the F fund and the I fund? How do you get an update on that loan you took out through the TSP? Who can you talk to about a transfer that doesn't look quite right? The DorobekInsider talks with Penny Moran, director of the Office of Participant Services for the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, who answers all of those questions for us.
Our special guests this week are Mike Causey, Senior Correspondent for Federal News Radio and Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investments Board.
A recent study by the Office of Personnel Management shows that women and minorities participate less in the Thrift Savings Plan than their white, male counterparts. Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investments Board explains what they're doing to try and close the gap.
When it comes to investing, many of us do it as if we are driving across country using only the rearview mirror. The past can be prologue, but with something like the TSP's C and I-fund, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you never really know.