Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TSP
In time, federal and postal employees may be the only American workers with a guaranteed pension plan, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. The wild card for feds is how, and how much, to invest in the TSP. So what's your plan?
If your spouse or know-it-all sibling told you about free money you would probably ignore them, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But if financial guru Suze Orman said it's available through your TSP, you'd stand at attention!
The Thrift Savings Plan passes the $400 billion mark in dollars they have under management. It's the first time they've ever passed that mark, but it may not be the last. Kim Weaver, director of External Affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, told In Depth with Francis Rose the up-trend is a pretty simple equation.
Thanks to a roaring stock market in February, total assets in the Thrift Savings Plan have climbed to the highest level in the plan's history. All told, assets in the TSP exceeded $400 billion at the end of last month. At the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board's monthly meeting Thursday, board members heard another recommendation to revamp the Lifecycle Funds.
Tammy Flanagan and Mike Causey join Federal News Radio for an online chat to answer your most pressing pay and benefits issues. Read the archived discussion.
About that cyber "attack" on the Thrift Savings Plan, was it a case of phish or foul? Check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column for more details.
A financial expert explains what lifecycle investing is and how you can benefit.
Marc Levine, of Handler and Levine LLC, offers advice on how to choose your trustees, powers of attorneys and executors.
March 17, 2014
Now that the stock market is booming, many once-cautious TSP investors feel like they should be walking on the wild side, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But before they go too far, they should try to remember how they felt about the TSP and risk a few years ago when the recession hit.
CBS MoneyWatch Columnist Allan Roth discusses what you can do to maximize your TSP investments, and Nicole Johnson from the Federal Times discusses OPM's plans to reform its IT systems.
March 12, 2014