Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TSP
Feds are breaking records when it comes to their Thrift Savings Plan. Enrollment in the TSP is at an all-time high of 87.5 percent. That's among employees under the Federal Employee Retirement System. But it's not all good news for the TSP. The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board held its monthly meeting. Federal News Radio's Shefali Kapadia joined Tom Temin on the Federal Drive with a recap of the meeting. Read Shefali's related article .
So, you're reaping the benefits of your Thrift Savings Plan? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you still may be missing out on a host of other federal benefits that are available to you.
Are you a $1 million baby? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you can be if, like some other feds, you make the most out of your Thrift Savings Plan.
Federal benefits expert Ray Kirk gives his thoughts on OPM's phased retirement guidelines and what they mean for you.
August 18, 2014
Unless you're financially well-off, you need to get to know your Thrift Savings Plan. It may be responsible for one-third to one-half of the income you receive in your retirement, says Senior Correspondent Mike Causey.
Certified financial planner Nick Martinez joins the show to discuss how to handle your finances and establish goals if you are a new federal employee.
August 11, 2014
Financial planner Arthur Stein will answer your calls and emails about the TSP, and Federal Times Senior Writer Andy Medici will discuss changes at the Department of Veterans Affairs, and proposed changes to the federal pension plan.
August 6, 2014
Got the shakes about your nest egg? The one that's supposed to provide one-third to one-half of your total retirement income? Are you feeling a little nervous? asks Senior Correspondent Mike Causey.
Outside of the "never has a bad day" G Fund, the Thrift Savings Plan saw across the board losses in July. However, year-to-date, each of the funds remains in the positive.
Two years after launching the Roth option for the Thrift Savings Plan, the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) has seen Roth TSP enrollment rise to 8 percent.