Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: TSP
Forty-five percent of TSP investors who left government in 2012 closed their federal accounts within a year, according to a survey by the Board that runs the giant 401(k) style program. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey wonders why.
TSP participants may be good at saving cash, but how will they spend that money when the time comes? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey asks. Do you want a lump sum? Do you want monthly payments? What will you need and when will you need it?
Host Mike Causey discusses the new phased retirement option with NITP Senior Benefits Director Tammy Flanagan.
September 10, 2014
Federal News Radio experts answer your questions on phased retirement.
We discuss the stumbling blocks that can sabotage your best intentions to earn what you're worth, save adequately and spend responsibly.
All Thrift Savings Plan domestic funds recorded gains in August. In the most dramatic comeback, the S Fund ended August 4.98 percent higher than it began.
Federal benefits expert Ray Kirk gives his thoughts on OPM's phased retirement guidelines and what they mean for you.
September 1, 2014
The biggest number ever for federal employees saving for the future is in. More than ever are saving in the Thrift Savings Plan. Kim Weaver is Director of External Affairs the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board. On In Depth with Francis Rose, she said the results make the people who run the TSP really happy.
Thomas Lee and Daniel Sipe from Lee, Sipe, and Associates answer your retirement and financial planning questions.
August 25, 2014
Tags: pay and benefits , Bob Leins , Thomas Lee , Daniel Sipe , Lee Sipe and Associates , Senior Executive Service , financial planning , wealth accumulation , estate analysis , retirement planning , charitable giving , Traditional IRA , For Your Benefit
At its monthly board meeting Thursday in Washington, the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) announced that 87.5 percent of FERS employees are actively contributing to their TSP accounts. The percentage just surpasses the previous record high of 87.4 percent in January 2003. Although participation is increasing, a lower percentage of participants are contributing full match to their TSP accounts.